Don’t let the name scare you-it’s delicious! Thanks to all of the blog’s I’ve read about overnight oats, I decided to be adventurous and try something new. Muesli is a combination of rolled oats, dried fruit, and nuts; it’s soaked in milk or yogurt overnight and in the morning you have a tasty, soppy mess for breakfast!
- 1/2 cup prepared muesli (I usually make my own, but I thought I’d try Bob’s Red Mill Old Country muesli)
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk (unsweetened vanilla)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 spoonful of vanilla extract
Stir the ingredients in a big bowl and put the mixture in the refrigerator overnight. In the A.M…
- add any fruit you like (I like to freeze my fruit the night before then add it to my oats so it thaws in the mixture)
- extra nuts and/or granola (I’ve seen this in many recipes; soggy oats + crunchy granola = texture explosion!)
- 1 teaspoon of honey or sweetener
- any nut butter-almond, peanut, sunflower, etc. for creaminess
Ta-da! A bowl of delicious-ness to start your day!I love experimenting with different ingredients and this breakfast dish is one that cannot go wrong!