If running on the treadmill makes you fall asleep just thinking about it, then try this choppy workout:
- run 4-quarter miles interspersed with strength training exercises.
This is another type of circuit interval training since your still alternating between high and low intensities, but at the low intensity stage, you’ll be weight training instead of slowing down to a jog and/or walk.
1. run .25 miles at a challenging yet manageable speed
- kettlebell swings: 3 sets-20 reps
2. run .25 miles (.5=half way there!)
- push-ups w/ rows
- walking lunges w/ shoulder press