Flavorful sun-dried tomatoes combined with tangy feta cheese, basil, and Italian seasoning make this stuffed chicken dish delectable!
This recipe makes 4 servings, but if you’re like me, I only cook for 1 so I prepare the chicken breasts and freeze them for another time. I do this with a lot of recipes; it’s a great tip when you’re cooking for 1 and doesn’t force you to eat the same thing for days!
- 1/2c. sun-dried tomatoes*(*bring water to a boil-add tomatoes-turn off heat, cover for 5 mins-drain)
- 1/2c. feta cheese (I like sun-dried tomato and basil flavored)
- 2t. chopped basil (fresh or dry)
- 1t. Italian seasoning
- 1t. minced garlic
- black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2T. butter
- 1/4c. chicken broth
- combine tomatoes, feta, basil, seasoning, and garlic in a bowl.
- make a horizontal split in chicken breasts (be careful not to slice all the way through!).
- stuff ~1/4c. of mixture into each chicken breast-sprinkle with salt.
- take 4 sheets of aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. place 1 stuffed breast on each piece, lay 1/2t. butter on top, and drizzle with chicken broth.
- fold ends of foil tightly and place in the oven at 425degrees for 20 minutes.