I’m a lean-mean baking machine today! I cooked a big pot of chili earlier this afternoon and the cutest pumpkin chocolate chip cookies while I watched the Steelers game! Very productive Sunday!
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (see FitBit*)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups
- combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg-whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt-stir. dissolve the baking soda in the milk.
- add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir in milk and baking soda. stir to combine. add chocolate chips.
- bake at 350degrees for ~10 minutes.
To make baked goods healthier, swap the oil for unsweetened applesauce. You’ll retain moisture, volume, and taste without the fat!