The title of this post is just a forewarning! This workout combines strength training with cardio intervals and plyometrics..bring on the
There are 4 circuits; complete each circuit ~2-3 through (time allowing). You can either go by repetitions or time, your pref.
- assisted pull-ups or bent-over rows
- push-ups with knee tucks (push-up-bring right knee towards chest then left knee=1 repitition)
- lateral hops (see FitBit!)
- medicine ball wood choppers
- plie squats (dumbbell skims the floor!)
- jump squats
- lateral/anterior raises (1 side raise, 1 front raise=1 repitition)
- reverse crunches
- 30 second-1 minute wall sit & curl to press (while
hanging outin your wall sit, biceps curl dumbbells then overhead press & reverse)
- mountain climbers
- squat thrust burpees (no push-up)
- triceps extensions
- alternating jump lunges
- hanging knee raises
- incline stability ball planks
How’d you do?! If you kicked butt, you should be very, very tired by the end! As always, proper form and safety cues before taking the exercise(s) to a more intense level!!
Lateral hops involve a side-to-side jump which works your ABductors and ADductors more (outer/inner thighs); beginners should start with jumping over a jump rope or an imaginary weight-intermediaters should place a weight vertically to jump over; advancers should jump over a low step or plate. The more advanced you get, the wider and/or higher you’ll be able to jump, making the exercise harder!