- old-fashioned oats
- sunflower seeds (unsalted!)
- plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- Almond milk, vanilla extract, Splenda and honey
Almond milk, vanilla, splenda and honey were added to the mix in the A.M. I would have added dried fruit BUT I need to have a date with the grocery store later today .
One thing I like to do before I grocery shop is plan my dinner’s throughout the week. I have an arsenal of recipes from family and magazines that I often refer to. I tend to get stuck in a rut and make the same meals but one of my resolutions this year is to really venture into the culinary world! First up, a quick pasta bake.
- 2cups penne pasta
- 1 1/2T. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3cups chopped Roma tomatoes
- 4cups spinach
- 1T. dried Italian herb mix
handfuls1cup parmesan and mozzarella cheese
Prep: preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- boil water for pasta and cook for ~ 12 minutes. meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon of oil until fragrant. add spinach and 2 cups of tomatoes. saute until spinach welts ~4 minutes.
- combine remaining tomatoes in a bowl with Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt.
- when spinach is wilted, add the mixture and the pasta to the tomatoes. stir in half of the cheese.
- pour into an oven-safe baking dish coated with cooking spray and 1/2 tablespoon oil. bake for 15 minutes (uncovered). sprinkle the rest of cheese on top and bake until the cheese is melted ~4 minutes.
W.o.D. K.E.P.T. You Fit style..Miss. Spartacus workout
*instead of the plank rows, I did a chest press.