Today was a great day!
- work meeting
- energy-packed muesli to power me through a morning full of to-do’s
- strength and conditioning class
- home to relax and make dinner (recipe to come!)
- back to work to teach Spring Break a Sweat and Absolutions!
Spring Break a Sweat is a circuit/interval-style class. The participants tonight were full of energy and ready to sweat! There’s nothing better than having an upbeat, high energy group of participants- it really makes the class fly by! Tonight’s class featured:
15 minutes of:
- butt kickers & high knees
- plyo step touches and plyo hamstring curls
35 minutes of :
- 1 minute challenge: alternating lunges and squats, push-ups and mountain climbers
- pyramid: biceps curls and triceps kickbacks (10 down to 1)
- 30 second challenge: plie squats and jumping jacks (2X)
- pyramid: chest press and triceps skullcrushers (10 down to 1)
- glute extensions and fire hydrants
Everyone was a glistening mess afterwards! Success!!
Have your participants count the repetitions of each exercise for 2 reasons:
- as the instructor, you’re repeating safety cues and encouraging them so you may count one too many (or not enough!), and
- gauging the intensity level of the class is shown if you’re participants can/not talk