On Tuesday, I had lunch with a good friend who I haven’t seen in forever (Hi Jess!) and she mentioned she needs to be more open-minded when it comes to food and cooking. She came to the right person! I love and enjoy experimenting with new recipes, especially when I have someone to share them with. This recipe for Turkey burgers is extremely easy, it develops your palate with the addition of feta cheese (a tangy, salty Greek cheese) and can be stored in the freezer for later use*.
- 1lb. lean ground turkey (the leaner=more expensive)
- 1/4c. chopped red onion
- 1T. dried Italian seasoning
- 1t. lemon juice or balsamic vinegar (I ran out of lemon juice and tried them with balsamic=delish!)
- feta cheese
- combine ground turkey, onion, Italian seasoning, juice/vinegar in a bowl. form into 4 patties and carve a deep hole in the center of each patty.
- stuff ~1 tablespoon of feta cheese in the center. cover with the edges of the patty.
- grill ~4-5 minutes on each side.
Add a whole grain bun, tomato slices, spinach leaves, Tzatziki sauce, and/or humus and you’ve got a Greek-inspired burger in minutes!
Prepare these burgers (or any burger) ahead of time, wrap them in foil, and freeze them instead of eating the burgers consecutively throughout the week.