Happy Monday! I hope all had wonderful weekend .
I ran this morning; a little 4-miler around Lake Johnson to start the week off on a strong
notefoot! I’m really ready for this steamy-hot weather to leave; even at 6am it’s almost too much! 2-scrambled, cheesy eggs with spinach and salsa, toasted wheat bagel and a too-ripe banana followed. You know how some people won’t eat a banana if there’s a speck of brown on it? It doesn’t bother me when the banana is borderline-brown (add that to my “food tendencies” ). It all comes down to wasting-I HATE to throw food out! When I was living at home and my parents were buying the groceries, I’d throw things out left and right; nowadays, since I’m the one who’s paying, you better believe I eat every.single.last.bit.
BUT-if you really don’t enjoy eating
browntoo-ripe bananas, here’s how you can put them to use:
- freeze them (take them out of the peel first) and let them thaw in oats or blend them up and make banana
- use as a substitute for oil or butter while baking.
- use bananas as an exfoliant. apply the pulp of the banana on dry, cracked feet. leave on for 10 minutes then wash with warm water.
- DIY firming mask- 1 banana, 1T. agave or honey, 1/2t. lemon juice. combine ingredients until it’s smooth and creamy. spread over face and leave on for 30 minutes, rinse off.
- DIY treatment for dry, damaged hair- mash a banana and apply it to your hair, wrap head in plastic and leave it on for 15 minutes. shampoo and condition normally.
This week in workouts:
- Monday- run and teach Basic Body Sculpt
- Tuesday- Interval Training (?) and teach Body Sculpt & Balance
- Wednesday- Back 2 Core & Stretch(?) and Double Step
- Thursday- teach Body Sculpt
- Friday- who knows!
Basic Body Sculpt is just that-basic. No compound movements, only single muscle groups worked at a time. Because that can get boring both to teach and to take, I structured the class as a superset workout; 2 exercises, back to back, 3 times through with little (no) rest in between. The participants really like the format! They said no one has ever taught it that way before and enjoyed how quick but challenging it was.
- Squats & Overhead Press
- Side Lunges & Biceps Curls
- Plie Squats & Triceps Kickbacks
- Forward Lunges & Bent-Over Rows
- Side-Lying Abductions & Chest Press
- Bicycles & Back Extensions
After class, I attended the personal training meeting then worked on the seminar I’m presenting tomorrow!
Have a great night