I did it!
Cycle & Stretch=complete! If you follow me on Instagram (keptyoufit), you’ve known that I’ve been planning this class forever with the numerous pictures of my playlists and what not..well this morning was show time! Up-and-adam at 5:15am to prepare breakfast and make a measly cup of coffee to perk me up- I was on the road by 5:45am.
Once I got into work, I made sure my NEW playlist worked; I got home last night to transfer all of my songs onto my iPod and realized the CD that I burned them to decided not to copy all of the songs. Great. I re-created a playlist with what I had in my library, tweaked a couple of songs, and felt even better about this playlist!
I had 5 people, which my supervisors told me was a normal amount for 6:30am (I tend to take low participation personal-a flaw). Here’s the workout: don’t hate. I’m not using the right cycling “lingo” but it makes sense to me and that’s all that matters
- warm-up. good time (owl city & carly rae jepsen).
- rolling hill. somebody that I used to know (Avici remix). 3 turns up, 3 turns down, 3 turns up, 3 turns down.
- ups & downs. call me maybe (carly rae jepsen). up for 8 counts, down for 8 counts.
- standing climb. wild ones (florida feat. sia). increased every tempo change.
- sprints. lunar (david guetta feat. afrojack). increased speed every ~30 seconds. best song to sprint to, it builds energy into your legs and they just want to explode when it’s time to go!
- sprints (2 songs). part of me (katy perry) and marry the night (lady gaga).
- standing & hovers. good girl (carrie underwood). incorporated isolations in this track (only your lower body moves, very slowly).
- out of the seat climb. turn me on (nicki minaj)
- cool down. don’t hold your breath (nicole scherzinger).
This ~45 minutes of cycling was followed by 15 minutes of stretching. I felt SO confident about teaching this class because it was all me. My songs, my way, my pace. Call me greedy, selfish, egotistic, but I like teaching cycling way more than taking cycling simply for that reason- it’s MINE.
Post-cycle & a marvelous stretch-sesh I may add, I got the urge to row? Yes, I just felt like I wanted to row, so I plopped myself down on the rower and completed 20 minutes. I switched my hands from a supinated to pronated grip every 5 minutes to work my upper body differently. It was cool.
Time to refuel!
OIAC with a less-than-ripe peach and cookie butter. The peach was actually perfect; not too soft that as I bit into the pieces I had juice running down my chin but hard enough to be edible..did I confuse anyone?
Two of the women I work with that were involved in the internship process took me out to lunch on campus today! It was very sweet of them and I’ll miss them very much :-/.
Equipment cleaning, slide board training, drinks, and sushi are what’s next! It’s my last night in Raleigh so I have lots of people to say
bye see ya later to .