Happy Wellness Wednesday!
The Super Bowl is right around the corner; since my team isn’t in it, I’m really watching it because it’s a sport on TV, for the commercials, and the half-time show. Oh..and the food too.
Just because it’s a SUPER bowl, doesn’t mean you can SUPER size your eats! Here are some tips and a few recipes to enjoy while you’re watching the game..Mini Bowl style.
don’t go to a party hungry! we often think if we don’t eat beforehand, we can “save” some room and indulge when we get there. keep eating throughout the morning so you arrive to the party content rather than famished.
- taste everything. a little dip, 1-2 wings, dixie-size cup of chili, sprinkle of cheese, veggies, and a dessert; because you didn’t come famished, allowing yourself a little taste of everything should satisfy you.
Sweet & Spicy Nuts:
- 1 1/2 cup nuts (any!)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1T. butter
- 1T. ground cinnamon
- 1T. chili powder
- salt to taste (optional)
- preheat oven to 350degrees. line a baking sheet with spray and bake nuts for ~10 minutes.
- heat 1/2 cup maple syrup in a saucepan, stirring constantly. bring to a low boil.
- remove from heat and add 1T. of butter, stir.
- add nuts. let cool.
- combine cinnamon and chili powder in a bowl.
- remove nuts from maple syrup mixture with a slotted spoon into the cinnamon mixture.
- spread coated nuts out on a baking sheet. store in an airtight container.
- pre-game warm-up. exercise before the party! you won’t feel as guilty about indulging in the party foods if you move a little more. try this:
Is your team in the Super Bowl? What are you fave eats for a Super Bowl party?