Thank Goodness it’s Fitness Friday!
Thanks to Katie over at Talk Less, Say More for hosting a day dedicated to fitness!
Who doesn’t love this idea?
My week in workouts:
Tuesday- 5 mile run & 3 sets of 6 repetitions: 1) clean & press, 2) shoulder press, 3) squats, 4) bent-over rows.
Thursday- taught Abs, Glutes, & Thighs and ran 2 miles on the
Friday- Get Ripped-Slim N’ Lean workout
My morning started out with a tough total body weights workout; since I’ve been incorporating weight training back into my schedule, I’m trying to do one session solely dedicated to weights a week (no cardio included). Because I don’t include cardio, I make it a point to move from exercise to exercise in a quick and efficient manner; this helps keep my heart rate elevated throughout the entire hour!
Back when I relied on DVDs as my workout resource, I loved the Get Ripped! series. They were super challenging at first (because I never lifted in that way before. Scratch that. I never lifted before) but were a great way to track my progress. These DVD series worked more on muscular endurance, training the slow-twitch muscle fibers to be able to sustain longer sets/reps with lighter weights, rather than muscular strength, training fast-twitch muscle fibers for one heavy rep. Another benefit of the Get Ripped series is that each workout utilizes time under tension (TUT); training in a different way than I’m used to always leads to a GREAT workout and I know DOMS is coming to visit :).
Nerd alert: I’ve memorized these workouts so I can perform them, sans DVD, in a gym setting.
Slim N’ Lean Mock-Workout:
- squats (40lb. barbel)
- pendulum lunges (12.5lb. dumbbells)
- chest press (12.5lb. dumbbells)
- dead lifts & single-leg bent over rows (12.5lb. dumbbells)
- push-ups & external rotations (body weight/8lb. dumbbell)
- triceps dips & extensions (body weight/ 12lb. dumbbell)
- hammer & biceps curls (10 lb. dumbbells)
- single-leg squats & plie squats (body weight/15lb. dumbbell)
- lateral raises & overhead presses (10 lb. dumbbell)
- calf raises (body weight)
Has anyone (Michiganders mainly) tasted Biggby coffee?