I came home the morning of Christmas Eve and stayed until the 27; I was fortunate enough to get both Christmas Eve AND the day after Christmas off of work! More time home is always better than one night .
We had family over on Xmas Eve..
Lots of food, drinks, and good times it was! I don’t have a large family so it’s manageable to get everyone in one place. We had ham, potatoes, roasted carrots, rolls, and salad for dinner. A cheesecake platter and Bartram House Bakery carrot cake was for dessert! Seriously. If you live near one, I highly recommend trying this cake! It’s TO DIE.
Christmas day was spent at my Aunt Christy’s house; we go over there every year for lunch. It was so nice to be able to come home for the holidays!
I spent a majority of my time being extremely domesticated; ran errands, did laundry, cooked, and painted my nails (that counts). We always have so much ham afterwards, and rather than ham sandwiches for days, my mom likes to incorporate it into Pasta and Peas! This is one of those recipes that doesn’t follow a “recipe”..it’s more like a little bit of this and some of that.
Pasta and Peas:
- chop 1/2 of a large, white onion
- ~2-3 cups of chopped ham
- 1 bag of frozen peas
- 2 large jars of marinara sauce
- ~1/2c. whipping cream
- 2(16 ou.) boxes of pasta, cooked
- add a little EVOO to a high pan, cook onions until they’re translucent (~5 minutes).
- add chopped ham, cook through (~2-3 minutes).
- add peas and marinara sauce.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- combine cooked pasta and ham mixture.
- pour into a sprayed, large baking dish.
- sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- bake at 350degrees for ~25-30 minutes (to heat through).
This is a comfort dish X 10! So nice to eat it surrounded by family .