HIIT is a huge trend in training this year and if you haven’t tried it-today’s your day! This weeks featured workout is a total body tabata routine. A typical tabata workout alternates 20 seconds of max intensity, followed by 10 seconds of rest for 8 rounds, totalling 4 minutes of pure
hellbliss! You can use this format with both strength and endurance workouts.
Why is HIIT so popular? It’s considered by many to be one of the best training formats where you’re burning fat, not your own muscle tissue. This is because HIIT utilizes more fast twitch muscle fibers (type 2) which helps maintain lean muscle during cardio workouts.
Here’s a tabata workout that uses equipment: 20 seconds at a challenging weight choice -10 seconds of rest, 8x=4 minutes (each exercise)! Obviously, taper each exercise to meet your fitness needs! As always, proper form and safety cues! *This is quite lengthy-feel free to couple exercises together if you’re in a time crunch!
- push-ups (start on toes, then drop to your knees
like i did..)
- squat jumps *body weight or light medicine ball
- b.o. rows *dumbbells or barbel
- jumping alternating lunges *body weight
- overhead triceps extensions
- stability ball hamstring curls (during the 10 seconds, try a hip press)
- stability ball biceps curls
- lateral/anterior raises
willshould be sore the day after after this workout! I only do this so you’ll think of me :). Cheers!